Glacier trekking on the Gorner glacier
Experience the fascination of glaciers. The ZERMATTERS mountain guide also provides a lot of background knowledge on geology and glaciology.
If you want to tackle the second largest glacier in the Alpine region, then put on your crampons and discover a truly unique world: there is always a cool wind up here and the smell of the freezing cold is omnipresent. Listen to the constant creaking, cracking, and rumbling coming from inside the ice giant.
From Rotenboden we walk on a natural path down to the Gorner glacier, via this glacier we walk back to Furi. On this very multifaceted hike on unfamiliar terrain (ice & snow) you will experience the mountain world around Zermatt from a different perspective.
Approx. 7-8 hours
Daily from end-June to mid-September
- With a private mountain guide: daily
- In a group: every Tuesday and Friday
1- 10 persons (in a group minimum 4 persons)
Suitable for children over 12 years
- Meeting point at 08:30 a.m. at the bottom station of the Gornergrat
- You will take the train up to Rotenboden, where you will start your hike
With a private mountain guide:
- CHF 570.00 for 1-3 persons, each additional person CHF 40.00
In a group:
- CHF 160.00 per person (minimum 4 persons, maximum 10 persons)
- Train ticket Zermatt - Rotenboden: CHF 53.00
- Cable ticket Furi – Zermatt: CHF 13.00
- Drinks and Snacks
- Material rental: approx. CHF 20.00 available in a sport shop in Zermatt
Insurance is the responsibility of the participant (accident and evacuation insurance)
Please contact us 2-3 days in advance by phone or directly in our ZERMATTERS office to ask about the conditions and to discuss the last details.