Hike to the Dom hut
In the Matter valley high above the village of Randa in a distinctly high alpine mountain landscape, the Dom hut is located at 2’940 m a.s.l.. The hut is the central starting point for the ascent of seven 4’000 metres peaks and offers a fantastic mountain backdrop for mountaineers and alpine hikers. The panorama actually extends from the Breithorn to the Matterhorn, from the Zinalrothorn to the Weisshorn all the way to the Balmhorn in the distant Bernese Oberland.
The hut was reopened in the summer of 2013 after a renovation work.
From beginning of July to mid-September
- Daily with a private mountain / hiking guide
- In a group: every Monday/Tuesday and Thursday/Friday
1 – 10 persons (in a group minimum 4 persons)
Suitable for children over 10 years with a good physical condition
- You will meet you mountain guide at 09:00 a.m. at the train station of Randa
- During the hike towards the Dom hut you will cross the longest suspension bridge in the world.
- You will then reach the Dom hut on a varied path over rocks and ladders
- Dinner and overnight stay at the Domhütte
- Descent from the Dom hut to Randa
With a private mountain guide:
- CHF 1140.00 for 1-3 persons, each additional person CHF 80.00
In a group:
- CHF 300.00 per person (min. 4 persons , max. 8 persons )
- Overnight stay and half-board at the Dom hut CHF 82.00 per person (also for your mountain guide)
- Train ticket Zermatt-Randa and back: CHF 28.40
- Individual snacks, drinks and food
Insurance is the responsibility of the participant (accident and evacuation insurance)
Please contact us 2-3 days in advance by phone or directly in our ZERMATTERS office to ask about the conditions and to discuss the last details.