Snowshoe hike Matterhorn Glacier Trail
The snowshoe tour along the Matterhorn glacier Trail is without a doubt one of the most beautiful experiences in the winter wonderland of Zermatt’s Alpine world. Accompanied by a ZERMATTERS qualified mountain guide, you make your way along a route from Trockener Steg to Schwarzsee.
Ahead of you lies an unspoiled winter world as you trace your tracks in the snow, climbing past the Theodul Glacier lake until you reach an isolated plateau. Time seems to stand still here. The world is peaceful, a soft blanket of snow covers the ground.
One mountain after another rises up ahead of you: the Matterhorn, the Dent Blanche and the Gabelhorn. A little further below the Matterhorn the path turns down towards Schwarzsee. Once the idyllic lake and the little “Maria zum Schnee” chapel appear, you are almost at your destination.
about 5 hours
Every Friday from 18.12.2020 to 16.04.2021
Minimum 3 persons
Maximum 6 persons
from 14 years
- Meeting at 08:30 at the bottom station of the Matterhorn Express in front of Dorsaz Sport at level of the gondola station
- You will then take the cable car to Trockener Steg
- And start the hike to Schwarzsee
Good physical condition
In a group:
- CHF 197.50 per person (minimum 3 persons, maximum 6 persons)
- Snowhoes and transceivers
- Cable car tickets Zermatt - Trockener Steg and Schwarzsee - Zermatt
Insurance is the responsibility of the participant (accident and evacuation insurance advised)
Please contact us 2-3 days in advance by phone or directly in our ZERMATTERS office to ask about the conditions and to discuss the last details.