Skiing is great fun—especially in our kids’ world for children aged 6 to 14!
Together with other children of the same age and thanks to the fun lessons offered by our specially trained children's instructors, your child will advance their skiing technique through play. During the week, the school will carry out Swiss Snow League tests and record the results in your child's personal booklet. Your child can continue with these tests at any other official Swiss ski school.
Your child will be in professional hands from 8.45am until 3.30pm.
LEVELS – SWISS SNOW LEAGUE SYSTEM
1 Blue Prince/Princess
- Information on the equipment
- Climbing uphill by side stepping and herringbone (scissor) stepping
- Skiing with skis parallel with steps and tricks
- Gliding and braking with the snow plough
- Turning snow plough turns (wedge turns)
2 Blue King/Queen
- Information on the safe use of lifts
- Skiing with skis parallel over easy bumps and jumps
- Snow plough turns (wedge christie) on an easy blue slope
3 Blue Star
- Information on behaviour on the slopes (Fis rules)
- Turning in a miniature slalom jungle and in a set course
- Skiing backwards (switch) with skis in a V shape with change of direction
- Snow plough turns (wedge christie) on a versatile blue run
4 Red Prince/Princess
- Information warm up
- Braking with skis parallel
- Turning steps on an easy slope
- Skidded parallel turns
5 Red King/Queen
- Behaviour in the snowpark
- Short turns on an easy slope
- Skating steps on the flat terrain
- Basic Air (Small kicker)
- Parallel turns with various radii
6 Red Star
- Nature, forest and the environment
- Parallel turns through a corridor of slalom gates
- Skidded parallel turns backwards (switch)
- Single ski turns on an easy slope
- Short turns on an intermediate slope
7 Black Prince/Princess
- Preparation of equipment
- Short turns with pole planting on a difficult slope
- Jumps: Straights and fifty/fifty over box
- ParalleParallel turns off-pistelschwingen in unpräpariertem Schnee
- Carved parallel turns on a wide easy slope
Congratulations! You have successfully completed the Swiss Snow League and earned yourself a place in the Swiss Snow Academy. Together with other young people you will receive guidance from the Academy's professionals on how to improve your skills. You will learn how to do the turns, airs, and tricks you've always wanted to do and you will be able to share your experiences with the other members of your group. Your instructor is now your coach. He will give you specific tips in the snow park and on how to perfect your skills and your style. The Swiss Snow Academy has three categories for each sport: skiing (race, freestyle, freeride) and snowboarding (park, freeride, slope).
The Swiss Snow Academy card is your personal "keycard". It identifies you as a member and confirms every turn, air or trick that you master.
But your Swiss Snow Academy card can do more than that: you can also load your lift pass onto it and much more.
Race - Freestyle - Freeeride – have fun!
- The meeting point on Mondays and Tuesdays is at the tourist Office at 8.45am (for levels “1 blue prince” and “2 blue king” also on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays).
- The meeting point on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays (levels “3 blue star” and up) is at Sunnegga-Express bottom station.
- Professional ski instruction by our children's instructors from 9.45am until 3pm including a supervised lunch break of approx. 1 hour with reserved seating in a mountain restaurant
- The children arrive back in Zermatt at 3.45pm (Gornergrat cable car station).
- On Friday, your child will participate in a ski race including a prize ceremony (races for levels "1 blue prince" and "2 blue king" will be held in the Riffelberg ski area, races for levels "3 blue star" and up in the Sunnegga ski area next to Eisfluh cable car station)
- Finally, your child will take part in the Swiss Snow League tests and receive their personal Swiss Snow League booklet (booklets and medals have to be picked up at the ski school office).
Please remember that we are skiing in high mountains where warm clothing, mittens, goggles, sunscreen and lip protection are a must. Furthermore, we strongly recommend wearing a helmet (available for rent at the ski school office or one of the local sports shops).
We are happy to show your children our mountains the same way our parents showed them to us when we were kids.
from CHF 465.–
from CHF 320.–
Good to know
- Lunch (food and and beverages) is included in the price
- Lift ticket: The lift ticket is NOT included in the price. Children aged 8 and under will receive a free lift ticket, children aged between 9 and 15 pay half the price (you need to show a valid photo ID as you purchase your lift tickets at the ticket counter).
- Zermatters cannot be held responsible for any accidents occurring during the lessons or any consequences arising from them. Participants must arrange their own insurance.
- Please book lessons in advance. Registration is confirmed definitively by purchasing a ski school ticket.
- Minimum number of participants per class: 3 children