Hike to the Hörnli Hut
For over 130 years, the Hörnli hut has been the destination and starting point for hikers and mountaineers from all over the world.
In view of the extraordinary anniversary year for the first ascent of the Matterhorn in 2015, the Zermatt civic community, together with the "Hörnlihütte 2015" foundation, have decided to renovate the Hörnlihütte.
Discover this hut at the foot of the Matterhorn and experience the fascination of the Matterhorn at first hand.
From beginning of July to mid-September
- Daily with a private mountain / hiking guide
- In a group: every Thursday
1-8 persons (in a group minimum 4 persons)
Suitable for children over 10 years
- At 09:00 a.m. you will meet your mountain guide at the bottom station of the Matterhorn Express.
- Cable car ride to Schwarzsee, where you will start your hike to the Hörnli hut
- At the top you will enjoy the wonderful view and lunch.
- Afterwards you will make your way back to Schwarzsee and come back to Zermatt with the gondola.
With a private mountain guide:
- CHF 510.00 for 1-3 persons, each additional person CHF 40.00
In a group:
- CHF 130.00 per person (min. 4 person , max. 8 persons)
- Cable car ticket Zermatt-Schwarzsee both ways: CHF 57.00
- Individual lunch
- Drinks and snacks
Insurance is the responsibility of the participant (accident and evacuation insurance)
Please contact us 2-3 days in advance by phone or directly in our ZERMATTERS office to ask about the conditions and to discuss the last details.