GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ZERMATTERS
Thank you for your interest in an activity offered by ZERMATTERS. Please read the following General Terms and Conditions:
Unless expressly agreed otherwise, these General Terms and Conditions apply to all business transactions between ZERMATTERS® and the customer.
The company’s business purpose is the operation of a snow sports, cycling and mountain sports school as well as the placement of mountain guides, hiking guides and paraglider pilots. Ski instructors, snowboard instructors, mountain guides, hiking guides, cycling guides and paraglider pilots will hereinafter generally be referred to as course instructors.
All ZERMATTERS activities must be booked in advance. Bookings can be made in writing, over the phone, electronically or in person at ZERMATTERS or at another sales outlet selling ZERMATTERS activities. On booking an activity, the customer acknowledges that these General Terms and Conditions form part of the contract between themselves and ZERMATTERS.
Any wishes and concerns regarding dietary requirements and medical needs, etc. must be communicated in advance so that the course instructor can take the appropriate measures.
2. Minimum number of participants for group activities
Unless stated otherwise, group activities require a minimum of 3 participants.
If the group does not reach this number, ZERMATTERS reserves the right to merge groups, shorten courses, cancel courses at short notice or offer the customer an alternative at an extra charge.
Prices are quoted in Swiss francs. Where payments are made in euros, the service provider’s current exchange rate will be applied. All prices are subject to change.
The prices cover the costs of the lesson, course or tour. Unless stated otherwise in the detailed quotation, prices do not include food and drink, rental equipment, accommodation costs or transport costs (cable cars and lifts).
4. Payment terms
The total amount due for the agreed service must be paid before the activity starts. The following deposits are charged for the following selected climbing activities:
- A deposit of CHF 100.00 per booking is charged for multi-day tours lasting 2 days or more (excluding the Matterhorn tour).
- A deposit of CHF 150.00 is charged for the Matterhorn tour.
- The deposits paid will not be refunded if the customer cancels their booking or if the tour cannot go ahead due to poor weather conditions.
- Deposits will be deducted from the total amount of the booking.
5. Cancellation or order amendments made by the customer
The customer may withdraw from the contract by email, telephone or in person at the ZERMATTERS sales outlet before the activity has started.
- A booked course cannot be postponed to a later date
- Any lesson or group course which is cancelled after it has started will be charged for in full.
The following cancellation terms apply:
(Skiing, snowboarding, cycling, climbing, hiking, flying)
- 14 days to 48 hours before the course starts: CHF 50.00 processing fee per booking
- Less than 48 hours before the course starts: The full course fee will be charged
(Multi-day activities/multi-day tours of 2 days or more)
- Up to 48 hours before the course starts: CHF 100.00 (but CHF 150.00 for the Matterhorn tour)
- Less than 48 hours before the course starts: The full course fee will be charged
(Package deals and courses including accommodation/camps)
- 30 to 15 days before the course starts: 30% of the course fee
- 14 to 7 days before the course starts: 50% of the course fee
- 6 days or less before the course starts: 100% of the course fee
(Advertised group courses with a required number of participants*)
- 14 to 4 days before the course starts: 50% of the course fee
- 3 days or less before the course starts: 100% of the course fee
*These cancellation terms will apply if the minimum number of participants required for the course to go ahead has been reached on the date on which the cancellation is made.
The start of the course or activity always refers to the first day of the booked service.
No refund can be given if:
- the activity cannot go ahead due to the late arrival of the customer or the customer failing to show up. Additional costs incurred due to the customer delaying the start of the activity or arriving late will be borne by the customer.
- the customer joins an activity after it has begun or stops taking part before it has ended.
- the customer does not participate in multi-day bookings for the full number of days.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise, we will refund cancelled reservations using the same method of payment used for the original transaction.
6. Cancellation or order amendments made by ZERMATTERS before the activity has started
ZERMATTERS reserves the right to amend, cancel or discontinue the programme or individual services after concluding the contract and during the activity itself if natural phenomena and/or weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances (force majeure, officially imposed measures, safety risks or other risks) make this necessary. ZERMATTERS also reserves the right to cancel activities if the minimum number of participants is not reached.
If the programme is amended significantly and the customer does not wish to accept the amendment or if the customer does not wish to be rebooked on to an alternative activity of equal value, the customer will be refunded for the payments already made, less payments for the services already made use of. No claims for compensation may be made.
7. Amendments to the programme or discontinuation of an activity after the activity has started
ZERMATTERS reserves the right to amend the activity programme or individually agreed services if external factors (e.g. force majeure, weather conditions and natural phenomena, officially imposed measures or safety risks) make this necessary.
In the following circumstances, the customer will be refunded for the payments already made, less expenses already incurred:
- Closure of tourism services, e.g. lift facilities, rail services, hotels or restaurants due to officially imposed measures (e.g. as a result of a pandemic).
No refund can be given in the following circumstances:
- Closure of tourism services, e.g. lift facilities, rail services, hotels or restaurants due to weather conditions or natural phenomena (e.g. as a result of official weather warnings).
- If the customer is ill or has had an accident.
8. Conditions of participation
All participants must be in good health in order to take part in any activity. The participant is obliged to inform ZERMATTERS of any health-related concerns. The customer is obliged to strictly follow the instructions issued by the course instructors and assistants. If a participant does not abide by these conditions of participation or fails to follow the instructions issued, ZERMATTERS reserves the right to exclude them from the activity. No refund will be given if a participant is excluded.
ZERMATTERS does not assume any liability for accidents which occur during lessons, tours, examinations and competitions. The course instructor cannot guarantee complete safety from the objective dangers in the mountains. The customer acknowledges and accepts the inherent residual risks posed by outdoor activities, which are always present despite careful and prudent guidance.
No claims for damages may be made due to errors in illustrations, prices or texts.
The participant is responsible for arranging their own insurance (health and accident insurance which covers sports accidents). We recommend that participants take out cancellation insurance and repatriation insurance.
ZERMATTERS must be notified in writing of any claims or damage incurred, either by post or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) within four weeks of the end of the activity. All claims will be null and void if they are submitted late.
ZERMATTERS reserves the right to use any images for marketing purposes. The customer can withdraw their permission for us to use and share data and images at any time by emailing email@example.com. The data we need for our business processes will be treated confidentially.
13. Applicable law
The place of performance is the central place of business of ZERMATTERS. The place of jurisdiction is Zermatt and Swiss law applies.
The course or tour is conducted in the name of and for the account of the course instructor.
Zermatt, April 2023