Basic course: Ice & Rock and your first ascent of a four-thousand-meter peak
This course delivers your first proper insight into the fascinating world of alpine tours.
On the light tour scheduled for day one, you will learn how to use crampons, ropes and an ice axe, plus how to act in a rope team crossing firn fields and glaciers. On day two, once acquainted with the glacier climbing gear, you tackle your first four-thousand-meter peak: the Breithorn (4,164 meters).
With a private mountain guide every day from 1 June with overnight accommodation at the Gandegghütte (on request). Tours with a private mountain guide are also available from May onwards, with accommodation in the village of Zermatt
- Saturday, 29.06. - Sunday, 30.06.2024
- Saturday, 06.07. - Sunday, 07.07.2024
- Saturday, 20.07. - Sunday, 21.07.2024
- Saturday, 03.08. - Sunday, 04.08.2024
- Saturday, 24.08. - Sunday, 25.08.2024
- Saturday, 31.08. - Sunday, 01.09.2024
- Saturday, 07.09. - Sunday, 08.09.2024
Groups: Minimum 4 persons, Maximum 6 persons
- 9.00am, Homebase Zermatt. Equipment inspection.
- Ascent to Trockener Steg. Short hike to the Gandegghütte.
- Ice & Rock course on the Lower Theodul Glacier.
- Overnight stay at the Gandegghütte with three-course meal.
- Short trek to Trockener Steg.
- Ascent by cable car to Klein Matterhorn.
- Start of tour to the Breithorn (4,164 meters); descent and return to base.
Private mountain guide from/to Zermatt, excluding accommodation: CHF 1'420.00 (1-3 persons), each additonal person pays CHF 60.00
Group rate: from CHF 535.00 per person, including half board accommodation
- Zermatt - Trockener Steg, Trockener Steg - Kl. Matterhorn, Kl. Matterhorn - Zermatt
- crampons, climbing harness ...
Click here for the general terms and conditions
Please note that for group tours the minimum number of participants must be reached in order for the tour to take place.
- mountain shoes with a rigid Vibram sole
- Ice axe
- Backpack, ca 30 liters
- Warm and weatherproof clothes
- Finger gloves (evt. spare pair)
- Hat / Headband
- Sunglasses and sun screen block
- Few but energetically snacks
- Thermos bottle or bottle (hot tea is available in the huts)
- Change of clothes
- Ski or hiking poles with « plates »*
- Inner sleeping bag (liner) Mandatory
*you can rent by ZERMATTERS at the rate of CHF 15.00 per person
Insurance is the responsibility of the participant (accident and evacuation insurance advised)
Please contact us 2-3 days in advance by phone or directly in our ZERMATTERS office to ask about the conditions and to discuss the last details.