Monte Rosa - for the enthusiasts
You are no longer challenged by alpine hiking trails and would like to set your sights higher and explore a little more adventurous terrain? Then this high alpine glacier trekking with climbing passages is the right thing for you!
In five days, you will climb a total of ten 4000-metre peaks of the Monte Rosa group. You will have unforgettable experiences and spend a night at Europe's highest alpine hut.
5 days (4 overnights)
From July to September (depending on the conditions)
1 - max. 2 persons
On this tour you will be walking for 7 to 8 hours a day. You need a good acclimatization and endurance. This is best achieved by hiking in the surroundings of Zermatt with approx. 1'000 meters height difference per day or smaller tours to get used to the altitude..
With a private mountain guide:
- CHF 3'930.00 for 1 person
- CHF 4'190.00 for 2 persons
In a group (2 persons):
- CHF 2'095.00 per person
For tours lasting several days (from 3 days onwards) a deposit of 50% (incl. in the price) of the total amount will be charged. If the customer cancels such a tour under the cancellation conditions, a processing fee of CHF 300.- will be retained in any case.
- Overnight and half board in 4 different huts,
- Individual drinks and snacks
- Lift pass from Zermatt to Klein Matterhorn CHF 59.00
- Rental equipment between CHF 50.00 and CHF 70.00 available in a sports shop in Zermatt.
Click here for our general terms and conditions
Please note that for group tours the minimum number of participants must be reached in order for the tour to take place. If this is not the case, you can decide at short notice whether you want to cancel or postpone the tour, or whether you want to do it with a private mountain guide.
Insurance is the responsibility of the participant (accident and evacuation insurance)
- Cable car ride to Klein Matterhorn (3‘883 m a.s.l.)
- Ascent to Breithorn (4‘164 m a.s.l.)
- Descent to Rifugio Val d`Ayas (3‘394 m a.s.l.)
- Poss. ascent of Pollux (4‘092 m a.s.l.)
- Followed by Castors (4‘223 m a.s.l.)
- Descent to Rifugio Quintino Sella (3’585 m a.s.l.)
- Climb around Liskamm on the south side
- Ascent to the Naso del Liskamm (3'852 m a.s.l.)
- Ascent of the Balmenhorns (4‘167 m a.s.l.)
- Ascent of the Vincent Pyramide (4‘215 m a.s.l.)
- Descent to Gnifetti Hütte (3‘647 m a.s.l.)
- Ascent to the Schwarzhorns (4‘321 m a.s.l.)
- Ascent to the Ludwigshöhe (4‘341 m a.s.l.)
- Ascent to the Parrotspitze (4‘432 m a.s.l.)
- Ascent to the Signalkuppe with overnight stay at Rifugio Margherita (4‘554 m a.s.l.; highest mountain hut of Europe)
- Ascent to the Zumsteinspitze (4‘563 m a.s.l.)
- Descent to the Monte Rosa Hut through the Grenzgletscher (2‘883 m a.s.l.)
Please contact us 2-3 days in advance by phone or directly in our ZERMATTERS office to ask about the conditions and to discuss the last details.