Rimpfischhorn 4'199 m a.s.l.
The Rimpifischorn is a 4’000 meter peak between the Monte Rosa group in the south and the Mischabel group in the north. There are two possible starting points for the ascent: either Zermatt or Saas Fee.
The first ascent was on 9th September 1859 by Melchior Anderegg, Leslie Stephen, Robert Liveing and Johannes Zumtaugwald.
The Rimpfischhorn (4’199 m a.s.l.) is recognisable from afar due to its unique shape.
This wonderful combined tour leads from Fluhalp hut over the southeast ridge to the summit.
- Approx. 5 - 6 hours ascent from Fluhalp
- Approx. 5 hours descent to Fluhalp
Daily from mid-July to mid-September (depending on conditions)
1 - max. 2 persons
- You will make your own way to Fluhalp over Blauherd / Sunnegga the evening before where you will meet your mountain guide.
- After dinner and an overnight stay you will leave at around 03:00 a.m.
- The ascent will take approx. 5 - 6 hours
- The descent to Fluhalp will take approx. 4 hours.
- From Fluhalp you will make your own way back to Zermatt.
Technical level: ++++
Endurance level: *****
You will need to be well acclimatized and have good endurance for this climb. You will also need to have climbed other 4’000 meter peaks and have experience using crampons.
With a private mountain guide:
- CHF 910.00 for 1 person
- CHF 1'170.00 for 2 persons
A deposit of CHF 100.00 per person (included in this price) for all the 2-days tours will be required. This amount is non-refundable (even if you cancel the tour early or if the weather on the day is bad and the tour cannot be postponed).
- Overnight and half board at Fluhalp hut for you and your mountaing guide: CHF 88.00 per person
- Return lift pass from Zermatt to Blauherd: CHF 55.00
- Rental equipment: between CHF 50.00 and CHF 70.00 available in a sports shop in Zermatt.
We recommend that you take a training tour with a mountain guide beforehand (acclimatization) this can also be done in a group, as long as another we have other registration.
Insurance is the responsibility of the participant (accident and evacuation insurance)
Please contact us 2-3 days in advance by phone or directly in our ZERMATTERS office to ask about the conditions and to discuss the last details.