Pfulwe - Alphubel 4'206 m a.s.l.
The Alphubel is one of the easier 4’000m climbs. Nevertheless the climb requires a good level of endurance.
The Alphubel (4’206 m a.s.l.) which belongs to the Allalin group is located south of the Mischabel on the ridge between the Matter valley and the Saas valley on the ground of Täsch and Saas Fee. The Alphubel has a clear, ice free rock ridge, the Rot ridge, going to the west down to the Täsch hut (2’701 m a.s.l.). Due to its considerable height and the relatively low inclination of its slopes there are several glaciers in the summit area of the Alphubel: Northwest of the summit or west of it is the Weingarten Glacier, which has meanwhile broken down into three ice masses, which is approx. at 3’100 m a.s.l..
The first ascent was on the 9th August 1860 by T.W.Hinchiff and Leslie Stephen with the guides Melchior Anderegg, Peter Perren and Franz Andernmatten.
This wonderful combined tour leads from the Täsch hut over the east flank or the southeast ridge (ice nose) to the summit.
2 days, approx. 5 hours per day
Mid- March until mid - Mai (depending on the conditions)
1 - maximum 2 persons (depending on the conditions)
- Meeting: 08:15 with your mountain guide at the bottom station Sunnegga
- You will then take the cable car up to the Rothorn
- Descent to Fluhalp, where you will start your tour
- Uphill to the Pfulwe, descent to Täschalp
- Halboard and overnight stay at the Täschhütte
- At 04:00 (depending on the sesason) beginning of your tour with your mountain guide
- Uphill : 5 hours
- Descent to Täsch
Technical level: +++
Endurance level: ***
You will need to have already climbed a few 4’000 meter peaks and you will need to have experience using crampons.
With a private mountain guide:
- CHF 1'600.00 for 1 person
- CHF 1'700.00 for 2 persons
A deposit of CHF 100.00 per person (included in this price) for all the 2-days tours will be required. This amount is non-refundable (even if you cancel the tour early or if the weather on the day is bad and the tour cannot be postponed).
- Overnight and half board in the Täsch hut for you and your mountaing guide: CHF 89.00 per person
- Cable car ticket Zermatt - Rothorn: from CHF 40.00
- Train ticket from Täsch - Zermatt: CHF 8.20
- Rental equipment: between CHF 50.00 and CHF 70.00 available in a sports shop in Zermatt.
Click here for our general terms and conditions
Please note that for group tours the minimum number of participants must be reached in order for the tour to take place. If this is not the case, you can decide at short notice whether you want to cancel or postpone the tour, or whether you want to do it with a private mountain guide.
We recommend that you take a training tour with a mountain guide beforehand (acclimatization) this can also be done in a group, as long as we have other registrations.
Insurance is the responsibility of the participant (accident and evacuation insurance)
Please contact us 2-3 days in advance by phone or directly in our ZERMATTERS office to ask about the conditions and to discuss the last details.